Sunday, May 22, 2011

Training Summary 5/16 - 5/22

Monday

After a rather meh week in Orlando, I returned and the demons of air travel kicked my ass for a couple of days. I ran 2 days in a row over the weekend, felt hobbled like an old man, and took the day off on Monday to get over myself. Felt stuffy and lame.

Tuesday

slightly less stuffy, slightly less lame. Managed to get to the pool for 45 minutes. Put on the FistGloves and swam 500 easy. Scary thing was that my stroke rate was the same as when I didn't have them on last time: yikes! I took them off, and felt massively powerful. Also immediately massively tired. Still got some gunk in the lungs, apparently.

I've got to get back down with the FistGloves. I felt incredibly connected (until I got tired, that usually took 100 yards) all the way from my fingers to my core. It was a groovy feeling. Unfortunately, I didn't swim long enough to get high from the chlorine. Next time!

Wednesday

speedwork:
6x400, 2x200, 1 mi warmup, 4.5 mi total.

avged 5-6 min on 400s, 4-5 min on 200s. Felt pretty speedy after the first couple.

Thursday

5 miles, ran hard after 2. 8:30-7:56 for the last 3.

Friday

Swimming, did 5x100 warmup with fistgloves, then a 50-250 progression w/50 breast breaks.
Noticed I'm almost swimming as fast with gloves as without. The twisting/driving motion, originating from hips, has come a long way. now I just need more endurance.

Saturday:

rode 26.5 miles, MI loop, 1:26. First lap @ 19.2 mph, hill up and over @ 15mph, 2nd lap @ 18.5 mph, 18.5 avg total. Pushed pretty hard, think I need to focus on spinning more. Felt like I was grinding.

Sunday:

34 miles, 3000 feet climbing, Eastside hill ride. Felt pretty dead from yesterday. Definitely slower than yesterday. Next weekend lets frontload the longer ride so that the intensity is maintained longer, then recover with a flatter second day ride. I don't have back to back hard rides in me right now.

No comments: