Sunday, August 8, 2010

Training Summary 8/2 - 8/7 2010

This week I was out of town traveling Mon - Thurs in SanFran. So no swimming, no biking, and (almost!) no running.

Monday:

Swim: 2x250 warmup (25+50+75+100 form practice)
10x100 w/30 sec rest.
I am getting better at pulling with my pinky out. I get way more force this way, it feels like I'm grabbing onto a cable. It's awesome. Times for 100s are in the 1:43-145 range.

Tuesday:

upper body + core weights. First day in SanFran, I slept badly, so didn't get out for a run.

Wednesday:

7.85 mi run. first mi in 9min, the next 4 in 8 min. Then I hit the big hill (Lyon road, 500 feet elevation gain) and slowed down. Effort stayed high until the end of the hill, then I rolled it in @ 9min miles. Felt pretty good on this run.

Thursday:

Unfortunately I pulled part of my toenail off last night (note: clip toenails before long runs!) and running wasnt an option. I did, however, crank the leg weights big time. 2 sets of squats, lunges, plyometric lunges, quad extensions. it was good leg resistance work, something I need to really get serious about this winter.

Friday:

Got in late from SF last night, hadn't seen the fam since Monday, took the day off.

Saturday:

2x250 warmup, 10x100 w/30 sec rest. If last Monday was a breakthrough, today was a fallback. My shoulders were really tired coming into the workout, and I really started to thrash about 1/2 way through. Next time: slow it way down and get the form back. Swimming a mile on 8/22 is going to be tough.

Sunday:

The 'Eastside Hills from Hell' ride, again. This is such a quality ride I just couldn't help myself, I had to do it again. This time, in the rain, and I reversed the last bit before the turnaround, going down to Holmes pt and doing the nasty climb out all the way to the top of Finn Hill. It was wet, and I couldn't stand b/c of wheel slippage on the steep parts, so it was a good power workout.

I'm feeling stronger on the hills, but not sure if this is just in my head. Its hard to tell speed wise b/c I haven't done this ride in the early season (too scary).

No comments: