Saturday, April 16, 2011

Training Summary 3/28 - 4/3

First of all,



If you don't think that is funny, I don't want to talk to you. Doo Da Dippity. My new mantra.

Monday

yeah, not a lot happened exercise wise. I ran 3 miles really slow, and came in and did 2x the kettlebell-split lunge - single leg deadlift routine.

Tuesday

Today was the first day of the Hadoop class I was teaching, and hence, I was somewhat nervous. Because I had just gotten the last of code working last night (crucial differences between 0.19 and 0.20 were making the going a bit hard for a minute or two).

The best way to chillax was to jump in the pool for the first time in 4 months. Shoulders felt like they were on fire, and I was barely moving. Still, it was good to get in and move through the water. I _think_ I did 10-12 100s, 75 free, 25 breast. That crazy little oriental guy that looks like the the gangster in 'The Hangover':



was just killing me today. He kicks like a rabid bunny rabbit, and his stroke rate is twice as fast as mine. Cant believe this guy is so fast. Its freaky, and just goes to show how form/efficiency related swimming is. I tried kicking like him and I think I gave myself a hernia. Regardless of how strange it felt, I think kicking a little more than my 2 kicks per stroke might be the ticket to a faster swim. Certainly works for him!

As an extra bonus for showing up after 4 months off, I did get my usual 2nd half swim workout buzz on. I think the chlorine has a slight narcotic effect on me, because I roll out of there higher than a kite, and totally stone mellow. Which was a good way to go into the class, where (a) there was no internet, and (b) powerpoint didn't let me see my notes or the elapsed time due to a screen fubar. No problemo, I fumblef*cked through it in a loose way, good thing I rehearsed last night :) Tomorrow is a code deep dive, and I think I can wade my way through that fairly well. It helps that I wrote the code this weekend. I know the ins and outs decently well enough to actually be able to speak to it.

No comments: