Sunday, March 20, 2011

Training Summary 3/14 -3/20

Summary: Its March, late March. How did that happen ?!? Its still f*cking cold, and spring has not sprung by any stretch of the imagination. My heel is sore, less sore, but my back is wound up like a spring. Damn standing desk hasn't shown up, I think they're growing the tree to make it from :( I offered to put one together for them, and they looked at me funny. Times like that I really miss working at a startup.

Monday

F*cking Daylight Savings Time. Really messes with me. This AM, up at all hours, until (of course!) 4 I mean 5 AM, my minimum wakeup time to hit the road by 6. It was raining, blowing, and dark outside, making for a definite "no, not psyched" factor. So I blew off the planned 6 miler and hit the TRX for a full body session. Well, at least my heel gets the day off.

Tuesday

4.07 mi 34:45, 8:33 /mi, avg 155bpm

quick paced run, out and back on W Mercer way (hilly). Felt good, I'm liking these short, fast runs.

Wednesday

did nothing, went out and watched sounders last night, then stayed @ work till 10:30 answering emails. Work has lately been 'Dancing with Asshats'. Stressful, because I'm not one.

Thursday

5.09 mi, 43:51, 8:37/mi, 162bpm avg
another quick one, went out a little harder, came back a little slower :)

Friday

no sleep + stress @ work make me a sleepy slacker!

Saturday

8.78 mi, 1:23, 9:33/mi, 149 bpm
made this one a longer, slower run. Felt like I could go harder, but right now I'm nursing a sore heel, and want the distance days to be mellower.

Sunday

Biking: 26.8 mi, 1:29:26, 18.0 mph, 3072 feet climbing,avg HR 140

Standard MI loop. I headed out and powered up the first climb in the big ring, feeling strong. Then I kept the pace up on the rollers, easily keeping 22-24 mph. I was feeling great, and the ease at which I could keep that pace on my 2nd bike ride of the year had me stoked.

Then I rounded the south end of the island and realized I had been riding with a tailwind. Aw Snap. the wind was out of the north, and it made grinding up the long hill on W Mercer to the i-90 on-ramp a hard one. The first lap I was able to keep it in the big ring, but had it my 19 in back. The second (finishing) ramp I was just fried, and rolled it in mellow.

My legs are coming around, though. I don't feel like I'm pedaling squares, and I think the kettlebells and TRX are making a difference. But, damn, I'm tired after 26 miles, way too tired. This is my pre-work ride, hopefully it will get back to being one that I can crank out without so much fatigue. I have a feeling that about 5 less lbs would probably help the cause too. Well, that's what the summer months are for :)

No comments: