Saturday, March 12, 2011

Training Summary 3/7 - 3/13

Monday

woke up late and tired after snowboarding weekend. Lopa was teaching, so I had time for a 3 mile run and some weights. Went out HARD on the uphill, ended up avging 8:30 overall, a 9:30 first mile and then in the 7-8 range the rest.

Then did 3xsingle leg split squats -- no plyo, knee still hurting from last weekends 5 feet to flat landing -- and 3x25 kettlebell swings. Really focusing on driving those swings with my glutes and core. It keeps me from fucking my back up.

Tuesday

woke up late again, and only had time for a 4 mile recovery run. Recovery it was. I went superdeeduperdee slow the last mile, keeping it below 142 on the steep uphill forced me into a very slow shuffle-og. Was going to do upper body weights, but didnt' have time.

Wednesday

Dentist time, 7AM. So general all around body workout TRX+Kettlebell.

Thursday

Nothing doing today, I think it was raining.

Friday

hard run, 5.5 miles, avg 8:30 pace. took it out @ 9:30 for first mile, dropped it down to 9 for second, then kept winding it up. Was going to go for full 6 miles but was hit by a sideache, I havent had one of those for years. Felt like a knife in my guts. Rolled home slow, the short way.

Saturday

raining, lots. Still sore from run (heel and back not feeling super good). Did all over body workout with TRX and kettlebells.

Sunday

snowboarding w/Kiran and Leela. Leela, that girl gets after it! She's gone from a very pokey beginner to a not so pokey beginner in 2 weeks -- I think (and I'm not sure where she gets it) she's some kind of natural athlete, between this skiing business, the soccer goals, and the basketball point guard stuff. Had a great time w/the kids, although did not get to do any jumps in the park, but that could be a next year goal for me and Kiran. Afterwards, got out on a 4 mile easy jog. Felt good to sweat. Heel feels better after the slow run.

No comments: