Tuesday, May 4, 2010

TD 5/02-5/04

After Saturday's run (5/01), I felt a little stale, but decided to go and do the 8.6 mile tempo loop around the N end of the island. Started out _real_ slow, felt better by mile 3, picked it up on the backend of the loop (3-5.5), shuffled up the steep part of the hill, then brought it home.

Looking over the data: the first 3 miles was _really_ slow compared to the last time I did this run, for example

the 4/18 tempo mile splits:
mile 4,5 : 7:31, 7:19
 the 5/1 tempo mile splits:
mile 4,5: 8:46, 7:56.

Wow. Day 3 of running, apparently fatigue happens!

 Sunday Night I flew to SF, for 3 days of work. Monday AM I got in some basic lifting/core stabilizing exercises.

Work: We're ramping up on the company's hadoop/Pig usage/platform, and it's pretty fun, but we're stuck in a small, hot room. Which makes it hard to work. We did pull about 10 hours, then went to a Pakistani place for dinner.

This AM I woke at the usual time, but really didn't feel like running. Even after having read 'Once a Runner'. Part of the lethargy is caused by the fact that I haven't had a truly liberating crap since I got into town, and I don't want to unclog 8 miles into a 10 mile run, no bathroom in site. The other part is that I'm tired, and feel like I'm starting to catch something. Last night I was kind of stuffed up.

Food Intake: 
Weekend was pretty good, I don't remember the exact intake, which means I need to start writing it down daily again (otherwise what's the point?)

Yesterday:

  • breakfast: 1 mini scone, 1 sausage mc starbucks sandwich, 1 grande americano. Standard SF breakfast
  • lunch: salad. Felt pretty good about getting a salad. 
  • snack: whoops. 4 handful of jelly beans, 2 oranges, 2 bananas, 2 handfuls of dried fruit (I'm pretty sure its mega fattening). 4 talking rain sodas. 1 green tea.
  • Dinner: all meat, all the time, at Shalimars.

No comments: