Saturday, May 1, 2010

TD 4/28 - 5/01

Whew. An epic week at work, a broken cleat, and life in general have conspired to make this week all about running and swimming.

4/28 :Wednesday: nothing. Just the ride into work.
4/29: Thursday: swimming. 3x200 warmup, 10x50 intervals. Had to keep it short today, but tried to keep it intense. I'm noticing that I'm not rolling all the way on my left side. The bilateral breathing thing is hard to commit to. When I do it, I start to drop my legs/lift my head. I think the solution is to try 'cigar mouth', i.e. breathing in from the upward side of my mouth.
4/30: Friday: speedwork. I had subconsciously avoided this all week. but no more. I kept it short and sweet: 4x200 sprints, 2x400 sprints, 2x200 stride 100/sprint 100. Running fast hurts. But it also feels great to move that fast. I think speedwork is a required staple from now on. It make running 'normal' feel much easier.
4/31: Saturday: 6 mi @ recovery pace.

No comments: