Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TD 4/27: Swim and climb (day off)

Whoa Nellie I fell off the diet wagon today. Kiko, that bastard, unpacked a chocolate box, and I was off to the m-f races.

Monday was a swim. I started to increase my continuous yardage to 200 yards. It's hard (after a while) to keep going, it seems like I enter oxygen debt, and I need to slow down, catch my breath, and relax. I also concentrated on rolling from side to side, and gliding on my side.

I'm still a slow mofo in the pool, but I'm shooting for comfort rather than speed. Ironic, because in running and cycling, I'm definitely shooting for speed over comfort. But swimming is so technique heavy that I need to dial in a good stroke before I speed things up.

Tuesday (today) was a climbing day. Did a bunch of 10b's and 10c's. Finger strength coming back. This is a good way to take a break from Triathlon training.

Tomorrow: if it rains, I'm swimming. If not, I'm going to to real speed work at the track, like a serious guy would. 

Monday:
  • Breakfast: 2pcs toast, 1 coffee, 1 protein drink, 1 bowl grape nuts
  • Lunch: 1 small bbq pizza. I can make better @ home.  + diet coke
  • Dinner: Met Sarah and Philippe @ Wild Ginger. Ate lots. Had 2 beers. Felt great.

Tuesday:
  • Breakfast: 2 pcs toast, 1 coffee
  • Snack: 1 protein bar, 1 apple juice
  • Lunch: 2.5 pcs pizza + diet coke
  • Snacks: 4 pcs chocolate, 3 oranges
  • Dinner: homemade swimming rama (yum!) with brown rice. 
  • Dessert: the last ice cream sandwich :(

No comments: