Thursday, April 22, 2010

TD 4/22: run (intervals)

I ended up running about 8 sub 1/4 mile sprint intervals spread out over 5.3 miles. I originally intended to do 4 1/2 mile intervals, but I'm really glad I did the shorter more intense intervals because I had forgotten what it feels like to be in that much pain. The thing that has changed since 20 years ago is the speed at which I feel the pain. I am SLOW.  Where before I could and did bust out 6 minute miles w/o training, now I'm gasping to do a 6 minute mile over less than 1/4 mile. Wow. Apparently, I'm getting older...oh well.

Resolution: I'm going to run these on the track, and mix intensities. Do some striding and some sprinting, and work my way up to 800s. Hurting this bad for any period of time can only be good for when I'm not sprinting but pushing my limits on a longer run.

Food:
Breakfast:2 pcs toast, 1 protein drink
Lunch: 1 Chicken Pesto Panini, 1 cookie, 1 bag chips, 1 diet coke.
Snack: 1 orange, 3 pcs chocolate
Dinner: brown rice stir fry (veggie), 6 mini egg rolls.
No Dessert! that brown rice is filling :)

No comments: