Monday, April 26, 2010

TD 4/25: weekend run and bike

4/24: 6.3 miles, 3 mi warmup at < 142 bpm, 3 mi tempo. Felt OK, slightly tired, and this was mentally tough. Speedwork day on Wed + weights -- apparently still not over it?

On tempo section I focused on quick, 'ballistic' leg movements and relaxing between those. This seemed to help pace and comfort level.

I also did resistance exercises after todays run:
2x15 single leg squat/lunges
2x20 standard dumbell squats w/60 lbs
2x20 good mornings w/60 lbs.

4/25: 38 mi North Loop Lk Washington w/Rob, 2:23.
Rob is an animal. In mtb shoes, on an old cannondale, Rob pushed me very hard up all of the hills. He's got a huge motor, and very strong legs. It was great to have him there, because I was tired from yesterday, and the hills hurt.
The highlight of this ride was the fact that I could hurt as bad as I did and still keep the pace up on the hills. Again I was focusing on each pedal turnover, not trying to make it smooth, but pushing through the pedal stroke as quickly as I could. Focusing on each pedal stroke was a really powerful way to push the discomfort out of my mind, I'm going to have to keep working on it.

Diet:
Saturday:
  • breakfast: pancakes
  • lunch: pizza
  • dinner: stir fry + 1 glass wine

Sunday:
  • breakfast: 3 pcs quiche
  • lunch: avocado+tomato sandwich
  • dinner: 2 pcs costco pizza :(
  • dessert: 1 ice cream bar :( :( 
just kidding on the frowns. A mans gotta live, after all!

No comments: