Sunday, April 18, 2010

4/11 - 4/18 log

OK, time to start logging stuff, now that I've committed to Issaquah as the first race.

4/11: 25.17 mi ride. Not feeling super motivated, but got on the bike anyways.
4/12: nothing
4/13: swimming, 45 minutes. Still working on bilateral breathing.
4/14: run 8.6 mi (North end loop). Pretty fast on a couple of the mile splits...still, I think I need more speedwork. Shorter distances?
4/15 - 4/17: out sick with cold. Thanks, kids!
4/18 : standard MI double loop, 28 mi. Was supposed to be an easy ride, but I felt great and just fucking crushed it. broke p.r. by 3 minutes : 1:20 down from 1:23, for an average of 19.5 mph. 21 mph for the first 10 miles. This was _after_ leg resistance exercises in the AM. Apparently those are working.

Nutrition: I went on a freaky cookie binge on Friday, and mentally added 5 lbs.  I think it's time to get serious about not eating whatever the f**k I want. As part of this I'm going to record my dietary intake every couple of days.

Today was decent:

breakfast: 2 coffees, protein shake, 4 pancakes.
ride: 1 powerbar goo, 1 bottle cytomax
lunch: avocado + tomato sandwich on protein bread
snack: apples + 2 cookies
dinner: 4 slices frozen pizza (boo! a sunday tradition, though)
dessert: 1 ice cream bar.

decent, I said. Not stellar.

No comments: