Sunday, November 14, 2010

Training Summary 10/25 - 10/31

Whoops! I forgot to publish this one. But better late than never.

The weather outside is frightful. I mean, it's fucking-a cold out there, like BAM all of a sudden someone pulled the switch, and it's mid 30s, raining, downright miserable. Since I felt like a dog on Sunday, I skipped working out on Monday, just did some light TRX training.


Tuesday

Swim: 1800 total: 200 warmup, 4x250 free w/50 breast inbetween. 4x100 mixed free/breast warmdown.
whoa nellie the 4x250s in a row felt really, really good. I'm just enjoying being able to swim that far in one shot, its really a pretty big miracle, I definitely couldn't do that in high school when I was the least bouyant member of the swim team. See, love handles aren't totally evil!

Wednesday

one of the joys of being unemployed is that when it's not pissing down rain, I get to make the most of it.

Run 4 mi, base pace. Skipped intervals b/c was still feeling a little out of it.

Bike 26 mi, 1:26, 2 laps around the island. Legs were twingy at first (i.e cramping), but it all worked out in the end.

Thursday:

skipped out. Had a 9AM interview in DRedmond. Needed to leave by 8:15!

Friday:

weights. No swimming (no time!) Another interview @ 9AM, downtown.

Saturday:

nothing. The whole week of interviewing was draining. I got very little sleep weighing the options last night, and I was just beat. Plus, it was raining and cold.

Sunday:

8.75 mi, the usual loop. The goal was to hit 8:15/mi after a 2-3 mi warmup, but my body wasn't there. Must be the whole stress/fatigue cycle.

No comments: