Sunday, August 7, 2011

Training Summary 8/2 - 8/7

Kind of a short week, because I was in Orlando. That means one fun filled day of travel (Tuesday) followed by 2 fun filled days of meetings (Wed,Thurs) capped off by one fun filled cross country flight back to Seattle surrounded by Chinese 14 year olds on holiday, which is divine karmic retribution for my trip to China as a binge drinking 16 year old. So my training week really began on Friday!

Tues-Thurs:

I spent time in a sweltering, swampy, mess, surrounded by people who were making questionable decisions and sticking by them. Kind of a perfect storm for me, as I like to make questionable decisions and then abandon them. But, lots of drinking was done and lots of charisma was dispensed. Mission accomplished.

Fri:

still on east coast time, I got up and got in 2450 yards of swimming:

1x500 free
2x450 free/50 br
5x100 IM / 50 br.
200 warmdown

Those IMs are killing me. But they're fun! The longer distance free blocks are more for working on form and combating form breakdown than going fast. I have a long, long ways to go before I can consider my form to be adequate.

Sat:

Rode 26 miles, island loop counter-clockwise with 3 intervals up Gallager hill road, a 255 foot climb in .5 mile. The hill breaks up into two parts. I try to muscle through the first steep pitch, wobble to the second steep pitch, and just try not to puke up that last grade. Then rode back the way I came, spinning the backend, then picking it up on the frontend. On the way out, met a guy who has a group ride going @ 6AM weekdays. Ouch. However, I need to ride w/a group. Need the Speed.

Followed this ride with weights:

1x15 single leg squats per leg, no weights
1x10 dead lift w/60lbs
1x10 one arm squat w/kettlebell w/45 lbs
1x15 single leg squats, 30 lbs
1x10 deadlift w/60 lbs
1x10 one arm squat w/kettlebell
1x15 single leg squats, 40 lbs
1x10 deadlift w/60 lbs
1x10 one arm squat w/kettlebell

Sun:

rode 37 miles, out to Issaquah and back. Picked it up in sections, but overall felt tired from yesterday. Still, there were 'mental' sections where I visualized my way into a bigger gear. I really feel like the leg strength and gearing is coming along.

No comments: